Tertiary Referrals to Mr A Dixon
Mr Dixon is happy to see any new patients with symptomatic or complicated [obstructed defecation, prolapse, faecal incontinence] urogenital prolapse [difficult cases, failures, mesh complications] or colorectal disease e.g., consideration of SILS or laparoscopic restorative ileoanal pouch surgery.
Second opinions? It is important that your patients are confident that they are receiving the correct treatment. If you, have a patient who wants to consider a laparoscopic option, or has a complicated pelvic floor problem please feel free to contact us or alternatively please use our resources to find an experienced surgeon.
NHS consultations are carried out at
Frenchay Hospital: Thursday AM (Colorectal & Pelvic Floor).
Southmead Hospital: Monday M (Colorectal & pelvic Floor). ??
NHS secretary to Mr Dixon - 0117 9186503 firstname.lastname@example.org
Frenchay Hospital, North Bristol NHS Trust ??
Directions:?From the M4, exit at junction 19 and take the M32 towards Bristol. Frenchay Hospital is situated just off the M32 Motorway. Leave the M32 at junction 1 (signposted Kingswood and Downend) and at the roundabout off the slip road turn left, following signs to Frenchay Hospital (B4058) and Kingswood. At the first set of traffic lights take the right filter lane. Proceed along Frenchay Park Road. The main entrance to the hospital is half a mile along this road on the left hand side. There is a charge for parking on-site. Please bring some change.
- M4 junction 19 take the M32 towards Bristol. Leave the M32 at the first exit, (A4174 signposted Parkway).
- Turn right at the roundabout.
- Proceed along the dual carriageway.
- At Filton Hill round about (junction with A38) go straight across onto B4056 Southmead Road.
- Go straight across the double mini roundabout. The hospital is 250 yards beyond the roundabout on left.
- At junction 17 leave motorway towards Bristol (W). Take fourth available exit off roundabout on to A4018 (Cribbs Causeway).
- Take second available exit off roundabout onto A4018 (Cribbs Causeway).
- Take first available exit off roundabout on to A4018.
- Take second available exit off roundabout on to A4018 (Passage Road).
- Take third available left on to Greystoke Avenue.
- Turn right at mini-roundabout on to Doncaster Road.
- Turn left on to B4056 (Southmead Road). Arrive at BS10 5NB
Private patients are seen at
SPIRE Hospital Bristol,
Switchboard: 0117 973 2562
Appointments: 0117 317132 or 0117 9804118
Self-pay treatment enquiries: 0117 980 4038
Fax: 0117 974 5758
Private clinic: Tues PM, Weds AM/PM - Thurs PM (alternate weeks)